Theme installation fails

Hi,
This is the second ecommerce theme I have bought from you guys and having BIG problems with the install.
Bought and downloaded the theme today. Unzipped and tried twice uploading to wp-content/themes/ the unzipped musica_woo_1.6 folder (you have two folders of the same name – so I only uploaded the ‘inner’ one with all the theme files. Both times it breakes the site and gives me this warning:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/callalah/public_html/wp-content/themes/musica_woo_1.6/includes/menu.php on line 17

What am I doing wrong???

BTW
Also, I can see that the theme folder includes the woo commerce files as well. Although in your instructions you say to upload the woo commerce separately to the plugins folder. Why do I see the woo commerce files in the theme folder files as well?

Same thing happens with this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/callalah/public_html/wp-content/themes/musica_woo_1.6/musica_woo_1.6/includes/menu.php on line 17

(I knew this was the wrong way to install. Just tested. )

PLEASE HELP.

Just as a temporary testing measure – installed MERCOR on the site if it is something to do with our server, but no. Mercor installed perfectly fine.

Musica on the other hand does not. No matter what I try.

Tried one more thing:
Downloaded the theme AGAIN from Themeforest and started from scratch -> SAME thing. Broken.

You must be logged in to see admin posts!

Hi,
Not sure what do you mean by weird path in the link above:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/callalah/public_html/wp-content/themes/musica_woo_1.6/includes/menu.php on line 17

Really, this is the only bit that matters – right??
wp-content/themes/musica_woo_1.6/includes/menu.php on line 17

Unfortunately after I get this error THE ONLY way to restore things back to normal is to totally remove the theme via FTP as NOTHING will show, no backend no frontend after trying to activate the theme. Which I have done – three times. Installed and completely removed all files afterwards as the same warning comes no matter what.

Any other theme, even one of your own, installs fine – musica not.

If you need the wp credentials, I need to reinstall the theme first so that you can see for yourself what is happening. (The site is also under password protection.)
Can you replicate on your own server? Is it possible that after the latest update (which you say was only a day or two ago) the files downloaded from themeforest are somehow not right?

Waiting for your answer.

Hello
I am having a similar issue. I have tried installing the theme several times using both methods – ftp and wordpress install using the zip file. I assume I should be installing the musica_woo_2.0 folder – but the instructions aren’t that clear, or dont include these updates?
It advises that it has installed correctly, but when I click activate all i get is a empty white page with the URL mydomainname.com/wp-admin/themes.php?activated=true

Can you please assist?
Thank you

Hi there – the computer gods were smiling on me (eventually)! 5th Install worked – so all ok now. Thanks anyway

I found when uploading .xml files and such it is best to use Chrome. I get error codes a lot when I use Firefox. Same with Theme Installs.

Hi WNCcreative,

I have not noticed any different behaviours into different browsers while importing demo data, usually I use chrome because in my opinion is faster than firefox. By the way thanks for the note.

I still dont understanding how you guys solved the problem of menu.php error 17.

I installed the newest version of wordpress 3.8.1 and the last one of woocommerce and when I tried to change for adamas theme, gave me the save error warning: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/storage/0/42/82/ikoeh/public_html/EM/wp-content/themes/Emporio-do-Mel/includes/menu.php on line 17.

Even when I click on “LIVE VIEW”, shown the same error.

If u want to see my menu.php file, just download here please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb45g7zzsmyenup/menu.php

Thank you guys and congrats for the theme.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  sandruhill.

Hi sandruhill,

I have replied to you to your previous ticket http://themesupport.premiumcoding.com/forums/topic/sintaxe-error/

If you still cannot manage it please send me a ticket via the pink button and I will help you !

The forum ‘Musica – WooCommerce Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Not Resolved
14 posts

We are closing the forum!

Hi,

FORUM IS CLOSED!

Because we wish you to offer best support we decided to close forum and focus only on tickets.

If you need help please open ticket via pink button on the left. Don't forget to add purchase code and item name.

You can also open ticket here .

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

PremiumCoding Team